|Christmas morning = jammy-time|
|My nut & olive lady @ La Vega. She has a crush on me,|
I think her husband does too.
|$2US gets you a bowl of killer ceviche. It was very good.|
|Sandwiches go in here.|
|Our buddy, Canuto, with his new kitten.|
|Cola de mono ingredients. Settle down, Sara.|
|Definitely adjust amounts to your tastes|
|Cola de mono and a slice of pan de pascua, breakfast of champions.|
- 1 liter milk (it comes in boxes here)
- 1 cup aguardiente
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. coffee
- Lemon zest (1/4)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Here are the steps:
|Christmas Eve dinner. Pork chops, mashed potatoes, &|
a Cuban salad (avocado, onion, tomato, mustard, oil).
- Combine milk, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, zest, and coffee in a pot and put on low heat, you don't want it to boil.
- Let it heat, stirring occasionally for about a 1/2 hour, it will be a nice cafe con leche color.
- Remove from heat. As it is cooling slowly add sugar and then booze. Strain into another container.
- Put in fridge and wait about 4 hours.
- Merry Christmas!
|Big American breakfast on Christmas day|
|Getting snacktastic in Parque Forestal on Christmas|
Millsy & Danielle are coming down this Wednesday, which will be a whole lot of fun. I'll try to post some stuff from their visit and New Year's Eve celebrations in the new year.
|At El Aji Seco for Christmas dinner, that food is unbelievably good.|