Friends and Family! Sara here...
It's been WAY TOO LONG since our last blog post. Blame it on....well, us.
Let's catch you up on some things:
1) We had an amazing trip to the States. We visited NY, RI, CT, ME and gas stations in MA and NH. The trip was wonderful- overwhelming, tiring, hilarious, heart-warming. We are so happy we got to spend time with friends and family after a LONG two years. The best part of visiting is realizing how relationships can pick up exactly where you left them (now, with a little Wiedemann). We had an especially special time in Narragansett celebrating the marriage of our good pals, Dan and Gabby. It was a beautiful wedding. We BBQ'd quite a bit throughout the Northeast. Thank you to everyone who hosted us, fed us, filled us with delicious drinks and made us laugh and smile. (For more comments and pics on our trip, check out my Facebook profile for a photo album.)
2) Matt has started a new position at Santiago College (my school) as the technology teacher for middle and high school. That translates to grades 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Yes, he has 340 students. Yes, that's a lot. It's nice for us to commute and have lunch together. So far, we aren't too sick of each other.
3) I celebrated my birthday the weekend we got back from the States. I had a great time with all my friends. My dear friend Lauren organized an amazing "Mad Men" themed dinner complete with goodie bags and cupcakes. Matt gifted me tickets to the Opera which we will go to next weekend (Billy Budd). I'm very excited to dress up and see the inside of the Municipal Theater.
4) Along with the rest of Chile, we are gearing up for dieciocho, the independence celebration. We are heading up to San Pedro de Atacama for a week. We'll let you know how it goes.
5) Lastly (but not least-ly), we are super excited for a new addition to the Upham family! Matt's brother , Dan, and his wife, Virginia, have given birth to a baby girl, Violet. We were really hoping for an early birth so we could meet her while we were visiting, but she stubbornly held out for 3 extra weeks. We are sending all our love and congratulations to the whole Upham/Sole-Smith family!